Redmine is an Open Source system for complete project management in web mode.
- multi-project management,
- fine management of user rights defined by roles,
- list of tasks,
- reports of bugs,
- multi-project Wiki,
- multi-project forums,
- news accessible via RSS / ATOM,
- notifications by e-mail,
- management of waybills, GANTT,
- integration with various version trackers: SVN, CVS, Mercurial, Git, Bazaar & Darcs,
- identification possible via LDAP,
- multilingual (more than 25 languages available),
- support of several databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite.
Redmine was created by Jean-Philippe Lang, and other developers from the Redmine users community have been contributing to the project ever since.
After years of using Redmine to manage customer and internal projects within Vox Teneo, we are currently sharing our experience in order to effectively install this tool in your company, from configuration to coaching.
We chose Redmine over a number of others (Basecamp, JIRA, Trac, etc.) for several reasons:
- Quick start: can be used by a non-IT specialist
- Carefully ergonomic: limited number of clicks to perform an action
- Clear management chart: the project manager can see how the project is progressing at all times
- Very great flexibility: manages any type of project, even those unrelated to IT
- Centralisation of the information: The integrated search engine makes it possible to find any type of information
- Financial vision: Thanks to the data provided by the users (timesheets, estimated time for each task, etc.), a financial report is generated to know the project´s profitability.
- Highly responsive community: over a hundred plug-ins exist to adapt Redmine to particular needs
We have a privileged relationship with a number of Redmine developers thanks to our contributions on improving the tool.